Each year, Industry Dive issues its Dive Awards to recognize some of the top people, companies, organizations and events that helped shape the sectors it covers. The time has come for the 2020 Dive Awards, and this year we're calling for your nominations.
Industry Dive's theme for the 2020 awards, recognizing this year's challenging events, is "leadership in a time of crisis." Smart Cities Dive is looking for appropriate nominations across three key categories that illustrate this leadership.
This year's categories are:
- City of the Year (Any city in the United States)
- Leader of the Year (Anyone involved in a local government, association, nonprofit or other organization active in U.S. cities during 2020)
- Technology of the Year (Any technology used or unveiled during 2020 to advance tangible progress on cities’ goals. Possible examples include technology used to track positive coronavirus cases or make buildings safer for workers' return)
How the process works:
- Submit your nominations via this form any time until 12 p.m. ET on Oct. 1. People or groups can nominate themselves, but we ask for only substantive submissions. Email addresses are required for all submissions. All information will be confidential.
- Smart Cities Dive staff will review the information submitted and follow up for clarification as needed.
- Smart Cities Dive staff will evaluate reader preferences, consult confidentially with industry sources and make a final assessment.
- Nominees selected will be contacted by mid-October at the latest and asked to schedule interviews for profile stories.
- The Smart Cities Dive Award profile stories will be published in December.
Frequently asked questions:
What if I don't have answers to all questions in the form? We encourage you to include as much information as possible and consult with your nominees if necessary to secure that information. If you do not have all the necessary information, you may leave the box blank, but incomplete submissions may not receive full consideration.
Can my organization submit in more than one category? Please feel free to do so, but ensure your submission information is substantive in each category.
Who will see these submissions? Information submitted will be confidential and available to select members of the Industry Dive editorial team.
Which industry sources will be consulted? As with all our reporting, Smart Cities Dive will draw on trusted sources across different subject areas to gauge their opinions on finalists. People or groups that are nominated will not be consulted as sources in their respective categories.
What if I have additional questions? Please email us at [email protected].